Jongkoo LEE, M.D., is a visiting scholar in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health. He received his M.D. from Seoul National University College of Medicine in 1982 and completed family medicine residency at Seoul National University Hospital, Department of Family Medicine. LEE earned his MPH from Seoul National University in 1985 and a Ph.D. in health policy and management, also from Seoul National University College of Medicine in 2003.
LEE will be here through November 2019. Contact him at email@example.com.
What is your home institution and what is your role there?
- Seoul National University College of Medicine, department of Family Medicine/Seoul National University Hospital, Department of Family Medicine
- Professor, education and research on family medicine and primary care
- Director, Healthy Society and Education of Seoul National University College of Medicine
- Former director, Jong-wook LEE Center for Global Medicine
Any other educational or research background information you want to share?
I was a public health official from 1988 to 2011.
Why did you choose to come to Duke?
Study for academic discipline of Duke Family Medicine & Community Health
Is there any other information you would like to share?
We start the research to promote community engagement for the elderly health in metropolitan area.
What research will you be working on while at Duke?
The concept on population health in health care system of USA and comparison of population health education on family medicine between USA and Korea.
What are your research interests?
- Community engagement and elderly health
- Rural health and education for Primary Care
- Reforming family medicine in Korea for the future generation
Are you currently collaborating with any specific Duke researchers? If so, please briefly describe those projects.
Not explicitly, but I hope to collaborate to Introduce concept of the population health and community engagement in education program on Korea Family Medicine Society.
Are there any major research grants you have been a part of or are currently working on?
I got a small research grant from Korea CDC for the community engagement and the elderly health.