Thank you for your service to your country. The Duke Physician Assistant Program values that service, and offers many programs to help ease the transition from veteran to PA.
Waived Supplemental Application Fee
All veteran applicants to the Duke PA program will have the $60 supplemental application fee waived as a recognition of your service.
Yellow Ribbon Program
An award of $10,000 per year will be allocated to up to three eligible students. Visit the Office of the University Registrar's website for more information.
Veteran Mentoring Program
The Duke PA program offers each incoming student veteran the opportunity to partner with a Duke veteran alumnus that will serve as a mentor from matriculation to graduation and beyond.
Student Veteran Peer Support
- Student Health
- CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services
- Duke Reach
- Disability Management System
- Duke Wellness Center (DUWELL)
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
While VA benefits often times cover the majority of tuition and more, sometimes it’s not enough. Below are some scholarship opportunities available for student veterans.
- VA Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) Physician Assistant Scholarship
- AAPA Veterans Caucus Scholarships
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
- Sports Clips Help a Hero Scholarship
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship Program
- Woman Marines Association (WMA) Scholarships
- Tillman Military Scholars Program
- eLearners.com Military Scholarship
- AFCEA Scholarships
*Please note, this is not an exhaustive list. The outside scholarship opportunities are not sponsored or endorsed by the Duke Physician Assistant Program.