Duke OEM provides evaluations and treatment consistent with applicable regulations, protecting confidentiality appropriately, and providing carefully considered work restrictions and job accommodation advice.
Duke OEM offers clinical services at two locations:
Duke Employee Occupational Health and Wellness
Supporting Duke faculty, staff, and their family members through a broad range of health management programs that emphasize a proactive approach to improving health and preventing disease before it happens.
Duke Occupational Health at RTP
Providing occupational and environmental services to contracted employers throughout the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Research Triangle Park (RTP) area.
The following services are offered:
- All types of employment exams
- Work-related injury and illness treatment
- Pulmonary function tests, audiograms, lab tests, screening exams, etc.
- Preventive medicine and health maintenance exams
- All exams required by FAA, DOT, OSHA (e.g. hearing conservation, respirator clearance, etc.)
- 24-hour services to address blood and body fluid exposures
- Drug testing and MRO services
- Limited "convenience" care for employees' personal illness (by prior arrangement)
- Job-related travel medicine with full range of immunizations
Specialty Medical Evaluations
Medical evaluations are offered for:
- Work-relatedness or work capacity
- Job accommodations
- Health impact assessment for toxic, physical, or biological exposures
- Medical-legal and worker’s compensation evaluations
- Disability assessments
- Causation analysis