Duke OEM provides evaluations and treatment consistent with applicable regulations, protecting confidentiality appropriately, and providing carefully considered work restrictions and job accommodation advice.
Duke OEM offers clinical services at two locations: Duke Employee Occupational Health and Wellness and Duke Occupational Health at RTP.
Employee Occupational Health & Wellness (EOHW) serves the entire Duke University and Health System workforce with three closely aligned programs — Employee Occupational Health Clinics, Healthy Duke/LIVE FOR LIFE and the Personal Assistance Service — which emphasize a proactive approach to improving health and productivity and preventing disease.
Employee Occupational Health Clinical Services
Duke Employee Occupational Health offers services for Duke's faculty and staff including work-related injury care, fitness for duty evaluations, FMLA management, ADA health reviews, occupational health surveillance for job specific risks such as animal allergies, laboratory and infectious exposures, placement health reviews, flu and COVID vaccinations, COVID-19 surveillance and contact tracing, reproductive health consultations, and travel health reviews.
Healthy Duke/LIVE FOR LIFE
Healthy Duke/LIVE FOR LIFE offers a variety of programs and services, such as health assessments and education, smoking cessation programs, fitness and nutrition activities, to help eligible faculty, staff and family members reach their health and fitness goals.
Personal Assistance Service
Personal Assistance Service (PAS) is the faculty/employee assistance program of Duke University. The staff of licensed professionals offer assessment, short-term counseling, and referrals to help resolve a range of personal, work, and family problems. PAS services are available at no charge to Duke faculty and staff, and their immediate family members.
Providing occupational and environmental services to contracted employers throughout the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Research Triangle Park (RTP) area.
The following services are offered:
- All types of employment and preventive health examinations
- Work-related injury and illness treatment
- Pulmonary function tests, audiograms, lab tests, screening exams, etc.
- Preventive medicine and health maintenance exams
- All exams required by FAA, DOT, OSHA (e.g. hearing conservation, respirator clearance, etc.)
- 24-hour services to address blood and body fluid exposures
- Drug testing and MRO services
- Limited "convenience" care for employees' personal illness (by prior arrangement)
- Job-related travel medicine with full range of immunizations
- FMLA, ADA and Fitness for Duty assessments
- Toxicology assessments
- Onsite Ergonomic evaluations
- Travel Medicine
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Development of Occupational Health Policies and Procedures
- Specialty Medical Evaluations
- Medical evaluations are offered for:
- Work-relatedness or work capacity
- Job accommodations
- Health impact assessment for toxic, physical, or biological exposures
- Medical-legal and worker’s compensation evaluations
- Disability assessments
- Causation analysis
4825 Creekstone Drive, Suite 105
Durham, NC 27703
Appointment number: 919.286.3232, Ext. 2