The Clinical Research Unit Biostatistics Core is provided for Duke Family Medicine and Community Health (Duke FMCH) faculty and affiliates. The core offers statistical advice and collaboration in study design and data analysis. Specific types of support include:
- Grant preparation, including the possibility of a statistician named as a co-investigator
- Study design including sample size and power calculations
- Statistical analysis
- Manuscript preparation
- General statistical advice
An initial conversation, subsidized by Duke Family Medicine and Community Health, is offered free of charge for all appropriate requests. If a significant time investment is required, the faculty or affiliate will need to provide funding. Depending on the nature of the time commitment, some additional support can be offered free of charge. For instance, assistance with preparation of a grant application may be provided; however, the grant application should include a budget request for continued biostatistical support after the grant is funded.
How to submit a request
To submit a request, use the online request form. Please provide as much detailed information as possible concerning your request. We aim to respond quickly to all requests for support.
Terms for receipt of statistical support from the Clinical Research Unit Biostatistics Core
- Support is provided to Duke CFM faculty for work related to new grants and for funded or independent projects being conducted by CFM faculty.
- CFM-CRU Biostatistics Core should be credited in the acknowledgments section or the biostatistician should be included as a co-author of any publication resulting from support received.
- Faculty receiving support are expected to keep Duke CFM notified of the outcome of the project for which support was received (e.g., papers accepted, grants funded).
The Biostatistics Core encourages faculty and affiliates to contact us as early in the planning or analysis process as possible and well in advance of the desired completion date. For requests requiring a considerable time commitment, we ask that you contact us at least 30 days prior to the project completion date.