George R. Parkerson
My principal research interest is measurement of health as self-reported by individuals. This includes health-related quality of life, determinants of health, and health-related outcomes. At the present time I am conducting a study to validate the new Duke Population Health Profile (Duke-PH), a 15-item patient self-report survey that measures individual quality of life, social determinants of health, and outcomes. In the past, I helped develop the Duke-UNC Health Profile (1981), the Duke Health Profile (1990), the Duke Severity of Illness Checklist (1989), the Duke Social Support and Stress Scale (1989), the Duke Anxiety-Depression Scale (1997), and the Duke Case-Mix System (1997).
Education and Training
- Duke University, M.D. 1953
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.P.H. 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Comparison Of Survey-Based And Claims-Based Risk Mgmt.
- Catalogue Of Federal Domestic Assistance No. 93.984
- Grants For Graduate Training In Family Medicine
- Establishing Departments Of Family Medicine
- Establishment Of Departments Of Family Medicine
- Establishment Of Dept Of Family Medicine
- Establishment Of Depts Of Family Medicine
- Catalog Of Federal Domestic Assistance