Make an Appointment with one of our LGBTQ+ Friendly Providers
Duke Family Medicine Center
2100 Erwin Road, Durham, NC
Appointments: (919) 684-6721
The Duke Family Medicine Center is working to expand its clinical practice to include an LGBTQ+ patient-centered medical home (PCMH), in coordination and cooperation with key Duke University stakeholders and the local LGBTQ+ community, to increase the quality of care experienced by Durham and Duke’s LGBTQ+ identified patients.
Several unique aspects of our LGBTQ+ PCMH distinguish us from other programs. Below are some of the ways we are approaching addressing the needs of our LGBTQ+ community:
- By using authentic community engagement to bring together key stakeholders and build lasting relationships with the local LGBTQ+ community.
- By training clinic providers to provide high quality, knowledgeable LGBTQ+ specific patient care.
- By ensuring that all clinic staff are culturally proficient in meeting the needs of LGBTQ+ patients and ensuring that all patients are treated with dignity and respect.
- By changing the cultural climate in the clinic to include visual representation of the LGBTQ+ community.
Specific services offered
Specific services offered at the Duke Family Medicine Center include:
- Reproductive health and gynecological procedures
- Low-risk obstetrical care
- Well-child visits
- Annual physical exams for adults and seniors
- Specialized care for older adults
- Visits to home-bound patients
- Social work services
- Behavioral health care
- Anti-coagulation clinic
- Pharmacotherapy clinic
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Hormone affirming therapy
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) therapy