The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health's Clinical Research Unit (FMCH-CRU) has the mandate to support and oversee research conducted by faculty within the department. Research protocols within the FMCH-CRU involve a broad spectrum of activities including community interventions, observational epidemiologic studies, behavioral interventions, retrospective chart reviews and data analysis, educational research, and health services research. FMCH-CRU has responsibility for the scientific integrity, quality, academic productivity, regulatory compliance, and financial accountability of clinical research conducted within the department.
Specific functions of the FMCH-CRU include:
- Reviewing protocols for scientific feasibility and alignment with the academic mission of the department.
- Providing assistance and oversight for budget development and contract negotiations.
- Providing education, training, and updates to research staff and faculty.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with federal and institutional policies.
- Providing biostatistical support for grant application and manuscript preparation with the Biostatistical Core.
- Facilitating access to other research support mechanisms within the School of Medicine.
|CRU Director and Research Quality Officer:
|Laura Fish, PhD, MPH
|CRU Research Practice Manager:
|CRU Financial Practice Manager:
|Clifford (Chip) Bailin
|Lead Research Administrator
Meetings, Education, and Training Opportunities
FMCH-CRU Research Staff Monthly Meetings
Meetings are held the second Thursday of every month from 12 pm to 1 pm. Email Eang King to be added to the listserv for meeting reminders.
Required Training for FMCH-CRU
All faculty and staff engaged in or supporting human subjects research are required to complete several training modules. For current School of Medicine and FMCH training requirements, please contact Eang King.
Policies and Guides
- FMCH Scientific Culture and Accountability Plan (SCAP)
- Guidelines for Research Studies Involving Clinical Practices or Community Partners