Please submit your application by November 15, 2022.
- One-year non-ACGME fellowship program hosted by the Duke Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, and the Robert J. Margolis, MD, Center for Health Policy in Durham, NC
- Open to early career family medicine physicians with strong interest in health equity and health policy
- Board certified/eligible family medicine physician
- Applicants may apply during the final year of residency
- Strong interest in health equity and health policy
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Brief Program Summary
The fellowship is composed of 50% clinical work and 50% scholarly work. Clinical responsibilities at the Duke Family Medicine Center will include direct patient care and may also include resident precepting. Scholarly work in health equity and health policy will emphasize the fellow’s area of interest in alignment with ongoing health equity priorities at the Margolis Center.
Salary and Benefits
The fellow will be compensated at the PGY-4 level. Benefits are included. Funding for travel and professional development is also available.
Brian Antono, MD, MPH, Medical Instructor, Duke Department of Family Medicine and Community Health; Associate Director, Primary Care Leadership Track, Duke School of Medicine
Andrea Thoumi, MPP, MSc, Health Equity Policy Fellow, Faculty Director, Health Equity Education Programming, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement describing your interests and goals for your fellowship experience
- A writing sample (e.g., publication, research paper, blog post)
- One letter of support
In your personal statement:
- List your top three research areas of interest
- Describe your interests and goals for your fellowship experience
- Answer one of the questions below
- What health policy area are you interested in exploring during the fellowship to advance health equity?
- How do your career goals incorporate health policy, community engagement, and health equity?
- Clinical excellence
- Quality of personal statement and writing sample that demonstrate strong interest and commitment to health equity and knowledge of health policy
- Strength of letter of recommendation
- Result of interview(s)
Please send application materials or inquiries to the fellowship director:
Brian Antono, MD, MPH
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
2100 Erwin Rd
Durham, NC 27705