Applications are open now. Apply here.
To apply for this certificate program, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Relevant experience in health care sector
- Completed application
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can comment on applicant’s capabilities to help develop or transform health care innovations
- $100 application fee, which will be applied towards the program cost if accepted
Currently we can only accept checks, which should be mailed to:
Duke Division of Community Health
DCHT Program – Suite 3100
c/o Jan Willis
200 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
There are no options for online payment at this time.
About the Application
Applicants must submit a CV, letter of recommendation (download a template), a personal essay, and a project proposal.
The personal essay must be no more than 500 words and include the following information:
- Reasons you want to earn the Duke Certificate in Health Care Transformation, including a brief discussion of your major strengths and qualifications for the program and what you hope to gain from the program
- How the program experience will affect your overall career goals and direction
Applicants must submit a preliminary project proposal (500-1,000 words) that describes the health transformation project you would like to develop or refine during the program period. Your proposed project should focus on a topic that is relevant to your work. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the project topic with your employer/partner agency, if applicable, prior to applying. The goal of this proposal is to give reviewers a general sense of a project initiative that is important to the applicant and what the applicant hopes to accomplish. However, we recognize that project plans may require modification over time, and the program will be flexible to allow for those changes.
The project proposal must include the following:
- Introduction, goal, and vision: Provide an overview of your chosen transformation topic, an explanation of why it is important, and details about the project location (e.g., your work site, community organization partner). What is your goal for this project? What is your vision for the future and how will this project move you closer to your vision?
- Organization transformation: Please describe your definition of “healthcare transformation” and how transformed you believe your partner organization is now. What do you hope to do through this health care transformation program to move toward higher levels of organizational performance?